Moving on

Sunday, June 05, 2005

contemplations and plans

I thought I would try to use a blog as a way to keep in touch while I am in my exile on Anglesey, North Wales.
I am not sure how this will work and may change formats and blogs as I find more suitable ones, but I will see.
My journey will start on June 8th, Wednesday, when I will quietly go, with a packed Berlingo, and stay in a B&B, still not booked yet. I will pop round to my parents on 9th to be there for their 60th wedding anniversary. The next day I should, solicitors permitting, be able to "move in" to my new place.

This is an odd move to even plan for. To buy a house that includes most of the furniture, I refused the TVs and the 3 piece suite, this is such an odd deal. I am lost as to what to take? So I am travelling light, with a sleeping bag, torch, iBook, and not much else except a few clothes. I need a look, a check of what I have bought, so that I can start writing lists.

I will have to return to Spalding, before the 17th June, when I have a major hospital apointment with Jill. So, I will need to get Elec, water, council tax, insurance, ... and a phone sorted before I return to Spalding.

So this is what a blog is.. a way to begin planning in my own head...

7 Comments:

  • I have had 2 reports that this is not working. Is it?

    By Blogger Sheila, at 05/06/2005, 18:18  

  • Great initiative Sheila and don't you try to ignore your follovers, we need costant update on your blog.

    Boris

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 05/06/2005, 20:58  

  • Ok....well no matter where we are...we can find each other through the internet.

    Both at pivotal moments in our life, I often think perhaps that is why we met.

    All your friends will check in here and keep up. Those who don't....well we have to accept that too.

    Change is inevitable. I hope this move and new place turns into a happy surprise, despite the lack of.....modern day conveniences.
    your buddy, Chance

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 06/06/2005, 05:58  

  • works for me maybe

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 06/06/2005, 20:01  

  • ahhh Sheila .. beaurocrats have always been the average guy's, thorn in the foot. Standing back a step, taking a wider view, It's Wales, gain and our (short term, i pray) loss. Perhaps they are unaware of how special you really are. Virtual friends as though we all may be, i think i speak for all, we will miss you while on your safe journey and in spirit, be by your side. Could someone please hand me a tissue (sniff)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 06/06/2005, 21:25  

  • Works fine

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 07/06/2005, 07:50  

  • Hey Mum, Good luck with the move.

    Thank you for all of your mumsy support recently. Don't forget to give me a shout when you need the favour returned ;)

    Don't forget to pack your vest, thick socks and shower hat.

    Luv ya

    Troi xx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 07/06/2005, 22:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home



info on stats
 
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter