Moving on

Monday, April 15, 2019

Ecuador with Galapagos

Part 1 How it all started..... Many years ago, as a 17yr old, i worked with a young lady from Quito. She was probably in her 20s, older then me, and much more worldly. She got me interested in Quito, her home city. But at that time i didnt even own a passport, had never been further than North Wales, which was a foreign country to me, a Londoner, back then. We lost touch when my friend returned home. Time went on, i worked at London Zoo, interest in animals, evolution, later i taught science, with a lot of biology, and Charles Darwin was certainly more than a passing interest. So when i saw this trip to Quito and Galapagos, i was keen... very keen. I hesitated, checked finances, checked diary. My arthritis was seriously hurting last winter, so i delayed. The trip became full. No spaces until 2020, I couldn’t plan that far ahead. So i watched the bookings... Then I noticed that someone had dropped out of the first ever trip that this tour company was doing. I pounced... booked on January 25th, departing March 16th. A panic ensued, clothes to buy, insect repellant, insurance, injections.... it all went through in a rush. And suddenly, i was at Heathrow, looking for others travelling with ‘Just You’. This was my second holiday with Just You, Vietnam was the first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



info on stats
 
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter