Moving on

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Boring day

Today has not been good, its been a sorting, washing, cleaning and mowing lawn day. So the details are boring.
The one thing that livened it up was when a friend happened to mention, in the traveler's room in yahoo, just as I logged in "Gwynedd". I sort of stopped in my tracks with an :0 face.
Gwynedd is the mainland county that I am almost moving to, Anglesey used to be in Gwynedd until very recently, so to see that word was a gobsmacker.

It's always a shock when a real travel chat happens in the travel room between sex, music, sex, food, sex and anything else... but travel that was in my new area too!..
Suddenly I felt myself becoming the hostess to an area I have only been cynical about until now. My friend wanted to know about castles, she even imagined that she could travel around by bus. So we searched, and the websites just kept cumming like a wanker in iVisit...
I thought I would use this space to advertise the area as we found quite a few, and this was really just the tip of the ice-burg. Maybe some more of you would like to come and visit me and I might even buy you a beer... or Scrumpy Jacks, Wops ;).

This is a map of where my new place is, if you look carefully in the centre you might see the word "Brynrefail", it's there somewhere... look closely...
Anglesey
My parents and annoying brother live at Benllech, its down the same road. But at a safe distance.

Information on Wales:
Moelfre This is my nearest town. its a holiday place, with pubs and fish and chip shops, its on a hill, which is strange to me after years of Fenland living.

Caernarfon
Harlech
Portmeirion This is better known as where The Prisoner was filmed. "who is number 1?" "You are number six"...
Beaumaris This is on Anglesey, a marina town with a castle too.
Snowdonia
More Snowdonia
Anglesey

I might add more to this, but I hope it gives you a taste for the area. Please come and visit, I need the company.


Tomorrow I will be throwing a few clothes into a suitcase and driving to Wales. I am staying in at the Woodlands, which is very close to my parents house. I am not sure when I will next be online, so this blog may have to wait a few days now.

See you all soon, I will miss you...

5 Comments:

  • Looks so lovely over there, if only they knew benefits of fast internet connection it could be the paradise on the earth.

    Boris

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 08/06/2005, 06:40  

  • Fame at last! The island has even had a namecheck on CNN:-
    http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/science/06/07/red.squirrel.ap
    (for those of you interested in our wildlife.)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 08/06/2005, 13:25  

  • Wildlife? I thought you were the wildlife Del? Sheila did mention something to that end. hmn well I can sit and birdwatch......if forced to. But get the broadband thing sorted will you? Pleeezzzzeeee! hugs, Chance

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 08/06/2005, 20:51  

  • Hi Sheila - it's Gail here (Ruby 2 shoes as was). We spent time on Anglesey last year - it rained most of the time and blew a gale. Apart from that its just like Cyprus or other Mediterranean islands NOT!! Not sure why your moving but best of Welsh luck and hope you enjoy new house, way of life etc. I'm doing a TEFL course at the moment and then buggering off to teach somewhere more exotic than Newport. hugs Gail

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 09/06/2005, 17:33  

  • Hi Sheila
    Last time I heard of Harlech was the origins of Welsh Independent Television - (HTV). I guess there is a studio or a mast with transmitter there? Anyway - hope your move goes well and hope to catch up soon.
    (hugs)
    J & G.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 09/06/2005, 21:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home



info on stats
 
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter