Moving on

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Ljubljana, Slovenia

We spent 3 days in Ljubljana, Slovenia. It was fun just walking round the city, but we had booked the hotel from hell...
The picture below is the view from the hotel window.

The Dragon Bridge... is this a touch of Welsh?.. Celtic?

This may look like a factory area, it even felt like it... but in each of the large wharehouses are a huge number of shops. This is the BTC shopping centre, it certainly beats West Edmonton shopping mall, which is impressive and that other nasty one at Minneapolis St Paul. I don't think UK has anything to compare but I am not a shopper-holic.

Sites in Ljubljana..

Below is a picture of Irena and Soncnica> Both are chatters but not in the same places. They didn't know each other, but I have known both of them for many years. I was pleased to try some lovely Slovenian food and learn more about the place from experts and locals... I owe you a good time in the UK, Irena and Soncnica. Thanks!

A view from the plane...

The Hotel left this on by our TV. It really doesn't give you a clue what it was like living with saws and machinery above our heads, working from 7 or 9am till about 5pm. Constant grinding/sawing noises. It was a lovely city... nice break. But I will never stay in a hotel like The Hotel Park, Ljubljana again. I hope a google bot finds this quickly.
I put this on one site that asked for reviews... It was the noisiest hotel I have ever stayed in. They do their refurbishment in January to March. It felt like the whole hotel was being rebuilt in the room above our heads. There was a letter of apology in the room, but that doesn't actually help anyone sleep. I shared a lift with mattresses, and bits of wood, but at least the lift worked.
The coffee at breakfast was undrinkable, no kettle in the rooms, but the bar downstairs had reasonable coffee, if I paid, and took it to my 5th floor room myself.
The internet access was fast, free and worked, but wouldn't let me access Yahoo messenger.







I found Ljubljana a beautiful city, with a meandering river and some lovely buildings. And I am still sure I could spend more time there.. exploring. They can even serve good Guinness.

3 Comments:

  • "I will never stay in a hotel like The Hotel Park, Ljubljana again. I hope a google bot finds this quickly."

    Try:-
    http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-22,GGLG:en&q=%22They+do+their+refurbishment+in+January+to+March%22

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 22/01/2007, 22:31  

  • Yes, Del... but you rather missed what I meant. You searched by "They do their refurbishment in January to March". I doubt if people looking for hotels will use that phrase. Oh well...

    By Blogger Sheila, at 23/01/2007, 00:12  

  • I knew what you meant...I just didn't think it would be helpful if I used "Hotel Park, Ljubljana" as the search term, because:
    a) it sends up over 1000 results, and
    b) I just wanted to demonstrate that the bots had indeed picked it up.

    However, for interest, when I did use it, you were result number 90. Rather a long way to scroll for someone just looking for somewhere to stay, I feel.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 23/01/2007, 15:15  

Post a Comment

<< Home



info on stats
 
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter