Moving on

Monday, November 20, 2006

Lottery Win

Since I left my now ex-husband, I have avoided lotteries and feel smug that I have saved 6 or 7yrs of lottery ticket buying money, so I have therefore won more than most, without buying a ticket. I have bought an odd ticket when something has happened that made me feel I should gamble, but this is rare... very rare, like about 3 times in 7yrs.
But something happened 3 weeks ago, that made me think I ought to invest one pound in something with a bit of 'chance' in it.
I blame ASDA/Walmart!!

At long last, the promised ASDA, in Llangefni, has opened, and I must admit its a total disappointment. It is tiny... it has less on the shelves than any other supermarket on Anglesey and it is always packed, except the shelves which are often empty.
But, and this is ASDA's fault... I actually found a trolley that someone has forgotten to take the one pound deposit from its handle. I suppose I could have given it to charity... but... I decided that very coin would have to go on the Euro-lottery. I forgot the first week... then it was a panic for the next one... and I had to add my own money to buy more than one ticket.
They didn't win... so some kind person bought me the next weeks tickets.... so I had to buy the week afters tickets... BUT... the third week, we won!!!
Yes, I have now won a huge £6.40
I am not daring to work out how much that quid from the trolley has cost me... or the fact that my winnings are just a loss reduction. I don't think I am hooked on lotteries...

2 Comments:

  • Oh dear. Not quite enough to send McVitties to my new flat. Dang. Sigh - oh well. The store here that opened and sells the biscuits... just opened. And I now move away - to a place where as far as I know - no McVitties exist. Such is life.
    We have both been driving around in blinding rain and such too - my one return to my new flat was worthy of film - but taking ones hands off the wheel would have meant a mangle of cars and trucks.
    Life has to get to the fun part soon. I remind myself

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 22/11/2006, 03:44  

  • hi Sheila,
    Still following the stories of your life. It seems a bit grey. Wish I could send you a huge bunch of flowers to brighten things up a bit...Hope your parents are well. Hope you can have some more time for yourself. Wish I could invite you to my pub on Monday nights when we rehearse there with the choir and have a couple of drinks.Maybe some day...hugs, Margot

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 01/12/2006, 01:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home



info on stats
 
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter