Moving on

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Find the water leak!

I am now aching from head to foot and have to face a second day of trying to be a human mole.

I am now once again back in Lincolnshire to try and sort out more problems with my decaying house. I have always had low water pressure here, but it has suddenly got a lot worse, and yet my water meter says its working flat out, even when no taps are turned on. So, I have had to admit the trickle of water that should be a shower, is useless and start to do something about it.

The photographs are of yesterdays work...


This is a typical passageway between 2 semi-detached houses in UK. The houses were built in the 1930s.

We are having to trace the pipe from the front where the water meter is, right round to the back where my kitchen and bathroom are, in an extension built onto the house in the 1980s.



It was difficult to find where the pipe left the meter, so a bit of tunneling had to take place, under the pavement.


And this is only day 1....

2 Comments:

  • Hello Sheila!
    Every now and then I read your blog to see what's up. Today was a now-day (since long). And today you wrote again! That was a nice surprise. I like to read how you're doing and follow what keeps you busy.
    As for me: lost job, been busy together with Jan and another friend making a 50-minutes documentary on the history of my village (Wijk aan Zee-NL)which celebrates its 125-year status as a bathing-resort, with interviews and photos and old super-8 material from the villagers themselves. Was fun!! And my bedroom roof is leaking....Bye, it's late again... Hugs, Margot

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 07/09/2006, 00:32  

  • Its lovely to hear from you, Margot. I would have got in touch, but all I could find for contact was a phone number. I have tried texting that, but not sure if its a mobile or a landline, or if its still your number, I know mine has changed.
    My yahoo ID is sheila_1uk so if you have that, get in touch. I don't use it for email though, and I am not putting my email addy here.
    It sounds like you are keeping busy, Margot... shame about the job, and the leaky roof... but life sort of moves on.
    My arms are aching from digging, but I am back out to do more now..
    hugs
    Sheila
    xxx

    By Blogger Sheila, at 07/09/2006, 13:48  

Post a Comment

<< Home



info on stats
 
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter