Moving on

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Catch up time

I have just been listening to a Radio 4 program on blogs. It has made me realise how big all this blogging is and how important it is for this little branch of free speech to remain, even if my blogs are mundane and boring.
I said to a real life person a while back that my ambition is to make the boring interesting, not to have a wild exciting life. And I realise I am not alone.
I am not putting very personal stuff on here, that is private, but I hope I let a few things slip for some of the real life people who keep in touch here.
Please do leave comments, I know you are reading me, as I have 2 counters watching you too!

I am spending more time in Spalding these days, I have a few problems there, not least of it a water leak which means I will be returning soon to dig up the driveway between my house and the nextdoor neighbours. I will try to get a picture of that when it happens. I only returned from Spalding last Wednesday, so its not given me much time for blogs or chat.

Mum and Dad are still in the care home, we seem to be at a sort of plateau there just now, depressing for Mum, who wants to be home more than anything. She is still unable to put weight on her leg.

Here is a picture of a ceiling in Spalding...

This is actually the room where Judy and Norm stayed, the plaster has been falling down for a while. But we removed more of it and are now in the process of renewing it all.

The next picture is a flower in my garden in Wales. I need to do more gardening too.


A visitor into my conservatory...

I seem to be inundated with these, and some bigger ones too, which is such a shame as I am really not happy with flappy things in my house. I am better with spiders and snails than I am with moths and butterflies. (thank fu** for a zoom on the camera!)
A house in Beaumaris has left an image that I have been trying to catch on camera for sometime. I have even asked the guy who owns this house/tree if I could take this picture, and why he does it. He said it was just a bit of fun. I love it...

I took a close up, below..

The guy who owns the house said that he does find the "animals" go missing sometimes, a sign of the times! But he just goes out and gets some more.

2 Comments:

  • to live in interesting times is a chinese curse. we curse our lives often enough as it is ... sssmile

    By Blogger Felicity, at 29/08/2006, 12:21  

  • Oh dear... been wondering what happened to you. I just visited with friends in Boston on my way back from what will be - my new home (I bought a place...). He has 2 leaks in his home - 1 under the foundation from a "spring"...the other the pipe between street and house - and the municipality tried to tell him he must "dig up and replace" the pipe IN the street too!! There are no solutions. Hugs, Chance

    By Blogger Chance, at 29/08/2006, 19:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home



info on stats
 
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter