Moving on

Monday, June 26, 2006

Health returns to 'normal'

I know I seemed to get a number of you worried about me, I was worried about me too. But it all seems to be resuming and blowing over nicely now.
My mysterious virus doesn't seem to have been vasculitis, and doesn't seem to have been anything other than nasty. My knees seem as fully functioning as ever and I can now gallop upstairs as usual. I have stopped taking the arthritis pills and have been told I don't need them now.
But, its not all perfect, I am now anaemic and am suffering more from the nasty tablets, than from the anaemia. I have had 3 blood tests and another due next week. Gives me an excuse to drink a little bit more Guinness too.
Why I am anaemic seems a puzzle to all though, but explains why I am more tired just now.
It looks like I have chased that virus away though...
I am now awaiting a phonecall to go with Mum to hospital where we are hoping she will have her plaster removed from her broken leg. Dad is back in the care home, and rather confused just now. Mum will return to the care home until she is able to at least stand.. or 'weight bear" as they say.
So we continue...

Mum had her plaster removed, but the pins hadn't knitted into her bone, because of osteoporosis. So she has had to return to the care home with instructions not to stand on her leg for another 6weeks.

5 Comments:

  • So glad things are looking up for you and you're feeling better Sheila! Wishing you a continued recovery and the best to your parents as well.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 04/07/2006, 09:56  

  • hey sheila,not been on the line lately,so slow to add to you`re blog. fantastic news that your worst fear has diminished,always had faith that you would march on !
    lotzanlotzov luv, alan.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 04/07/2006, 23:21  

  • I left a reply here, but it has gone ... anyone else having probs?

    By Blogger Sheila, at 05/07/2006, 08:43  

  • what I had said was something like this...
    Many thanks, Bara_the breadman, I am surprised and pleased that you have read my ramblings. Thank you also for the e-card that was nice, and thank Dani too...
    xx

    Alan,
    Its always lovely to hear from you. Thanks for your thoughts, but it takes more than a virus to stop me. Keep in touch... big hugs.. >:D<
    xx

    By Blogger Sheila, at 05/07/2006, 08:48  

  • Cheers Sheila. Hugs.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 06/07/2006, 17:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home



info on stats
 
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter