Moving on

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

An old mill and me

I am putting another old photo up. This picture is one of many in the 'family box' of photos, stored at my parents house. I don't think I have any memories of this day, but I have seen the photo often enough to remember it and not even realise it had words written on the back.
Maybe it shows a link to the Dutch and their windmills, even in my youth. But the picture was taken in Mundesley, Norfolk in England. I had no idea that I was to live and teach for over 20yrs in Norfolk, although in a different area.
I did a bit of searching and found this site showing how the mill had changed over time, with some pictures from bygone eras for this mill. Windmill Pictures and info

My mum has written on the back "An old mill at Mundesley, where we had tea and climbed to the top. Sheila should not have been in this one! July 1958"

oh well, so now the truth, I was an annoying blonde in those days...



other links and pictures of this windmill :-

Windmills in the Francis Frith Collection

Click


I am hoping to be back in Lincolnshire in the next day or so.
See ya!

1 Comments:

  • ah ha... well I was too, and it seems have returned to same (a form of blonde that is) Life does move on. Windmills and lighthouses have always been favorites of mine too.

    By Blogger Chance, at 18/04/2006, 06:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home



info on stats
 
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter