Moving on

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Years.. Anniversaries

Today is my anniversary.
I have now lived in Wales for a whole year.
Am I Welsh?
I have a pile of ancestors scattered around this island in cemeteries, so my roots are here. I am sort of started to learn the lingo. I can walk into a few shops and know the staff, I am known in a couple of pubs, I can now 'bump into friends' when I least expect it. So is this home?
I can't answer that.
The World Cup is on, but that brings out no strong allegiances to England, because I am NOT a football fan. I am not into Rugby either, so you can't judge a nationality by the sport preferred.
I celebrated my coming to Wales with a walk along a beach a few minutes ago. I paddled in the sea, which felt bloody cold too! It did seem to help the arthritis and the swollen ankles and I found the walk back up the beach was easy, a good job really, because Wales started to do what Wales does well... It rained!!
Only a few drops, but for me, with camera, and no pockets, I was worried. Still, a quiet walk along the sands and into the sea was rather nice, its been too hot the last couple of days, so this was fun.
BUT.. am I Welsh? Paddling in the sea is a bit touristy.
A quiet way to celebrate one year...

An after thought, I took this photo while I was paddling, before I felt the rain. Its taken a while for me to put it on the blog though.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



info on stats
 
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter