Moving on

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Back in Wales, but a few pix of Spalding in Lincolnshire

I am hoping to recover from a very hot time in Spalding. Trying to put up plasterboard on a ceiling, in 35C, with only a small fan for cooling, is unhealthy and will have to be completed another time. There are some things worth dying for, but my ceiling isn't one of them.
So, I had frequent walks along the River Welland and took a few photos, on the way to The Lincolnshire Poacher.

The above photo was taken on a previous visit, in June.

But this one was taken this visit...
This shows a hotel called Cley Hall. I have had a few meals there, but not for a while.
Below is what I saw after a few much needed pints of Guinness..

I am NOT the most tidy person and rushing across country doesn't help this at all. I thought I would show you something of the guests that I have in my home, that I allow to run around and keep order, as they think fit, in my absence.

2 Comments:

  • Are you absolutely sure that the bar pic was taken AFTER the drinks? You're not trying to conceal your 'delirium tremens' from the world, are you? :) (You could, at least, have said there was an earthquake...or that you were trembling with rage at the sight of a pack of Marlboro on the bar!))

    Re the spider...you'll have to unravel that silky stuff, and see if you can work out how long the poor thing was running around in there for...

    ...and I note that you even managed to include some of our notorious British road cones in the first pic!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 27/07/2006, 00:34  

  • Hi Del, thanks for the comments, and a happy birthday for yesterday!

    By Blogger Sheila, at 27/07/2006, 07:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home



info on stats
 
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter