Moving on

Friday, January 25, 2008

"Hey Little Sister... start again"

Dear Friends,
I want some advice, I know a few of you regularly visit my blog and you will know I have put some personal stuff up, but I generally avoid some of the more difficult things. I have a problem... I need help... When Del died, I was called to the hospital at some silly hour in the morning and I had a CD playing in the car. It was still playing when I came out of the hospital too, after I had seen Del pass away. The CD just continued from where it had left off. I liked the tune, I still do, but I can't help but cry every time I hear it. I thought I was getting over it, until Radio 2 just played it. And the tears came... not much use at 40+mph down narrow lanes on Anglesey, with tears streaming. I have also had to walk out of shops playing it
The song was nothing special to Del..it's just the timing... and something about the words... (just listen to the words, I haven't watched the video right through yet).
How do I get over this one? Any advice?

4 Comments:

  • Been there, done that Sheila, only time will help. Eventually you will be able to listen to the tune, and remember happier things. Wanna join us in July in NL ?
    Btw, I like that tune.....

    Sandy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 26/01/2008, 09:53  

  • Time will (and does) help. I am still tearing up over Dave even though we had not sat down together for maybe seven years. The significant part of the lyrics for me, is that everyone often believes they can just "start again" that many chances to start over, are given to everyone. Not so. Hugs & love, Chance

    By Blogger Chance, at 30/01/2008, 06:13  

  • you can stay at my place, have a big house now! just moved 2 streets away, while cameraman was in hospital with double pneumonia and lungembolia(transl.?),better now, hugs, Margot

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 06/02/2008, 01:07  

  • hey there,

    i have this weird thought, and i would like to share it with you.

    try to think like this. your friend will come back some other time, she or he might become the next stranger bypassed you, or a new baby happily giggling now. anyhow it is gonna be, that friend of urs must be happy, and so should you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 27/02/2008, 16:28  

Post a Comment

<< Home



info on stats
 
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter