Moving on

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Kidnapping!!!

Every year, in my village, they have a scarecrow competition. Usually I miss out on this and it passes by without my attention. But this year I had a real shock when I came home one night at about 1am and was greeted with this scarecrow, in my shared driveway.
My neighbours had entered the competition and had displayed their artistic creation in our driveway.
As the days go by, I begin to really enjoy the greeting from the scarecrow. I have friends and relatives who pop by and have worked out which house was mine, by the scarecrow. It puts a smile on peoples' faces. I am sure I am even finding it easier to get out into the main road, as people as slowing down to see the huge creation.



But all is not well...

I return home and find my neighbours posting a sign up and no sign of the scarecrow. The night before the judging someone has stolen, or maybe kidnapped the poor scarecrow.
The scarecrow has gone!!!!!!
Will they get a ransome note?
I will let you know as events unfold...

It's even reached the papers... The Story and picture

2 Comments:

  • Oh for Dick's sake!! Is there no morality left in this world. No conscience. No respect for the time and effort of others! Apparently Wales isn't immune to petty thievery...poor old Dick. You need Dick back quick. And to catch the thieves who were slick enough to grab Dick. Keep me posted. I'd join the mick to catch the slicks who were quick enough so I could give them a kick. Chance

    By Blogger Chance, at 19/08/2008, 02:59  

  • I know, Chancey... They nicked Dick! They are thick pricks! And I will give em a kick...

    By Blogger Sheila, at 19/08/2008, 23:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home



info on stats
 
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter