Moving on

Sunday, March 06, 2011

Neuadd Wen


This picture was NOT taken by me, I don't have a handy low flying aircraft, and it was taken a few years ago, maybe 2006. It is a rather nice photo of the house that my mum wanted so much to live in. It was built by my great, great uncle Hughie and lived in by him and his wife Auntie Kate. I visited it first when I was 2. This photo shows my brother in the porch and the gardener, Tony, in the back.
This has been the target of our teams renovation skills for some months now.
I will put a few pictures here, mainly for my few remaining relatives to see how the works have been progressing.

This picture shows the 'cleared' area where the caravan once stood.

The space being created for a larger kitchen window. (note how the mains cable comes into the house, we are awaiting this being changed).

We have put in an archway, removing a window. This photo is looking from the backroom, through the kitchen towards the front door.

The same archway, picture taken from the kitchen, towards the back door. My mum would have loved this, much more open, and easier for her wheelchair.
The backroom, tiles 'in progress'...
The front garden, from the porch... the sea is out there somewhere... this is definitely showing work in progress...
This is upstairs, I call it 'Dad's bedroom' but now it is bigger, Coops suggested taking the wall down so now it has a seaview and windows both ends. The fireplace has been opened back up, Don has done some amazing wood and metalwork and layers of paint have been scrapped and dissolved off the buried old fireplace. Although not quite complete yet, this room is taking shape. I am toying with the idea of putting a four poster bed in here, when we put it up for the holiday rental market.

3 Comments:

  • Hello. I found the address of your blog finally. Wow now you are renovating your mom's house. I liked the color of the wall of your mom's dining room. I am looking forward to visiting this lovely house in near future. You are lucky to have so many skillful friends in renovation. Chat with you when you have time. Kayo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 16/03/2011, 05:57  

  • Thanks for continuing to look at/for my blog, Kayo. Its wonderful that you find time to read me in what must be a very hectic and worrying time for you, over there in Japan. And you are right, we have a good 'team' working for us.
    Hugs and I am thnking about you over there. You must be overdue for a holiday, you are welcome here!!

    By Blogger Sheila, at 21/03/2011, 13:27  

  • Great to see you're posting here again!! I always enjoy reading about your *going's on* on Anglesey! Cant wait to see the project that is your Mum's place come to completion!

    Sandy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 22/03/2011, 01:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home



info on stats
 
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter