Moving on

Saturday, June 11, 2005

The Queen and moving

Just a quick post, to let you all know that I am alive and well and now in my house on Anglesey.

My parents have had their diamond wedding anniversary, and the message from the Queen arrived. A total surprise, and it worked well. Thanks HRH, but mum is unsure how to thank you, will she need to send a letter, or do you read my blog?

I have moved into my new place, and have begun cleaning and sorting. The people who moved out had even had a carpet professionally cleaned, but had left so much of their stuff, that I am now filling boxes with kitchen utensils and all the china ornaments that filled every shelf. I will need to buy a new cooker, and some furniture, but I have spent the last 2 days cleaning the kitchen, and finding what they left for me in all the cupboards.

My biggest problem is that I am unable to connect to the net, even on dial up. I am now at my parents house where I can cope with the 28K dial up. But whatever BT has done to the phoneline at my place, it will not let me connect. Even my mobile phone has no signal, so I am surviving with radio 4 and a few local Welsh speaking radio stations. I guess I will have to get used to this isolation now.

I will be back in Spalding sometime Wednesday night, and hopefully connected as before. A few days back there... and then to Wales again...

Since I got here, I have not seen any rain, The sun has shone nearly all the time, and this place has looked green, lush and gorgeous. The sea has been blue, and all the flowers seem in full bloom. If I had time to photograph it, you might have been impressed, but all I have seen is the grease encrusted kitchen, and the top of the ironing board. Tomorrow, I will go shopping...

Anyway, if anyone was worrying about me, I am fine... Frustrated with no net, but it will do me good to survive.

See you again I miss you all, and thanks for the comments. I will be in touch again soon.
bfn

4 Comments:

  • Hi Sheila,
    At least you have Radio 4 LOL.
    I always associate Wales with sheep - have you seen any nearby your new place?
    Did you see the announcement that Apple will be opening 2 more stores in the UK in Manchester & Sheffield next year? Bluewater is still on for August. Maybe we can manage a get-together there.
    When I bought my house, the previous occupants left most junk in the garage and in the cupboard under the stairs!
    I am sure your phone line can be sorted in due course so hopefully your isolation there need not be permanent.
    Take care. J.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/06/2005, 22:41  

  • Dear Sheila, Your situation makes me think of US couple who moved to the Rarotonga in the South Pacific, tho they where in bit better position than you they could connect to the internet.

    http://challenge.visualessence.nl/C1339780254/E346957606/index.html

    L+G Boris

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/06/2005, 13:25  

  • Sheila....so glad the move is moved. The kitchen - not surprising. lol lotsa stories on that one to exchange. The phone - ooooff!! Maritn mentioned something.....so did Brit. I'm packing up my old computer system - think I have a buyer. Look forward to hearing from you when you return to Spalding. Hugs, Chance

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/06/2005, 22:08  

  • Jon.. radio 4 was the one thing that kept me alive and thinking, although it took me a while to find it on 103.6 fm. With no net, no people, no TV, no life, I found I went to bed early, and yes, the sheep started to smile at me. Worrying, eh?
    I think Anglesey is a little different to that island, Boris. The climate is the first thing that crosses my mind. I even had the heating on while I was there.
    Anyway.. I am back for a few days.. (reflief!!)

    By Blogger Sheila, at 15/06/2005, 22:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home



info on stats
 
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter