Moving on

Friday, April 06, 2007

Signs of the Times


It has finally happened. Wales has become smoke free. I am dead chuffed about it, and am now starting to realise what I have been breathing in for the last couple of years. I never saw any smokers when I was in England. I was shocked when I came to Wales and realised that I was in a minority.
But now... smoking has been stopped in all public places. The photo of the sign above was taken in The George and Dragon, Beaumaris. But it could have been taken in any pub in Wales. England is a bit behind us in this, as their ban only comes in, in July.
The regulars at The George and Dragon are now learning to live without cigarettes. The place is cleaner, my coat smells nicer, a few people do wander out to smoke in the street outside, but most are cutting down considerably.
There is an irony here. Tobacco wasn't discovered when this pub was first opened (1410), so we are only reverting to the way it was...
Below is a sign in the doorway of The George and Dragon, not an easy one to photograph.. poor light, no space...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



info on stats
 
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter