Moving on

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Beaumaris on a sunny day

Today was Mayor's Sunday in Beaumaris and we found ourselves with an invite. So after a boozy Saturday night, we set the alarms and turned up at the church for 10:45am. My 2nd time to find myself in a church in 2 months. A bit unusual for me, especially as neither occasion was a funeral. So hymns were sung, in both English and Welsh, the new mayor was welcomed in... and then we went outside and walked to the town hall.





The new mayor and a few others said a few words and then the butties and wine flowed. But as usual, we had other priorities and had to leave fairly quickly.

Several hours later I popped back into Beaumaris to see the Vintage and Classic car display. Some of the cars were already going home by then, but I snapped a few...
One car seemed to have problems leaving and needed assistance.









Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • I really enjoy your pictures. I am from the US and live in Western Washington State.

    By Blogger Virginia, at 26/07/2011, 22:19  

  • Some of your pics had me confused and sent me on a search. I discovered they contain the "Victoria Terrace" residential complex, a place apparently not for everyone! Built in the 1830s and of wonderful quality.
    http://img.findaproperty.com/townchoice/jackson-stops-&-staff---chester/m16631389.pdf

    x

    By Anonymous Steffen Unmack Larsen, at 18/08/2011, 16:18  

  • Tris, I had a search, if you are quick, and I know I have been slow to see your comment, but you could quickly make an offer on that one..its only £785,000 !!!

    By Blogger Sheila, at 26/08/2011, 14:48  

  • Sheila, its LeAnne (girl_friday) from yahoo. It's been ages, but I still have your blog link and check in every now and again.

    By Blogger Lian, at 28/09/2011, 10:15  

  • Its lovely to hear from you, LeAnne... a real shock too that you bother to look at my blog.
    Add me on facebook, I use the ID of Sheila Too.
    Thanks for keeping in touch
    Sheila

    By Blogger Sheila, at 28/09/2011, 10:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home



info on stats
 
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter