Moving on

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Yahoo is in deep doodoo

As I am now able to carry on my addiction from my home in Spalding, I was most annoyed when I first had problems with Chitchat, and also found that a lot of user rooms had disappeared. I used Adium, Charla, but I am now glad to be back with Chitchat.
Chitchat is now working again, but I have also found out a bit of news on the Yahoo user rooms disappearance.

WackyB forum

more details

Its about time really, but its no surprise it took a few companies to remove ads with Yahoo to get them thinking.

A lot of Mac users seem to think the only way to access chat rooms in Yahoo is through a browser, and then usually something nasty like IE. so I thought I would put up all the links I know, this is for chatrooms, I run Chitchat and also messenger(YIM) while I am in a yahoo chatroom.

Chitchat
Chitchat has some rather nice emotes, smileys that aren't animated and its easy to access other rooms, the guys who make it default the program to enter the Mac room the first time, which is often useful, as help is available there.
Charla
I used to use Charla a lot, and only recently tried it again, it has animated smileys when you turn them on in prefs, but I didn't like the emotes.
Adium
I hate this, although some people love it. It is another prog that combines a lot of messenger progs together, but I just dislike the format. Adium does seem to work when Yahoo tweaks buttons and changes things, when Chitchat and Charla won't connect.

0 Comments:



<< Home



info on stats
 
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter