Moving on

Thursday, September 15, 2005

No blog for a while

Thanks for keeping in touch and I hope to return to this blog soon, but I am afraid that as circumstances are declining so rapidly this is now "on hold".
The health of my father has deteriorated fast and my brother and I are now full-time carers with very little time to eat and shit, let alone chat and do blogs. Combined with the workmanship of the Welsh and a new bathroom that is now into its second week of construction and will continue for at least another week too. I am really finding that Net Addiction is a thing of the past.
I am logging on at odd times now... 6am.. a while in evenings sometimes, and I am just unable to chat. The lightheartedness has gone out of life. I am only capable of reading chatrooms, and not of joining in.
My mind is full of the next tasks, of how to find workmen in this bizarre corner of the world. While the garden erupts with shrubs that are not cut, and the paintwork flakes and wood rots before my eyes. Yet all I can do is cook meals, wash and clean house for my parents, do the everyday tasks that both my parents are unable to do themselves now that neither can walk. I spend hours waiting for nurses or occupational therapists and all sorts of medical 'help', none of which can offer a solution to the disabilities that both my parents are enduring.

Life is a bitch!
I hope to return one day...
Hugs
Sheila
xxx

5 Comments:

  • Keep strong Sheila, life takes ugly curves sometime, but things you do at this moment are of the tremendous value, so we (your faithful chatters and readers of your blog) can wait.

    Take care,

    Boris

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 15/09/2005, 09:21  

  • I agree with Boris Sheila. You are having a real tough time right now, but I know Boris and I are not alone amongst your many friends in offering you our support, prayers and love.
    Keep smiling Sheils, you WILL survive, and be all the better for it.

    Britty

    By Blogger Britty, at 15/09/2005, 10:45  

  • Hey sheila: love ya .. : )

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 17/09/2005, 02:45  

  • Hope all going "soon" all good again I am missing you!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 25/09/2005, 08:22  

  • Thnx Boris, Brit, Phed, and Hansi,
    I think I am sort of getting used to this change of life now, and I am having to cope without the net so much. I do get online in the evenings, and sometimes early mornings... and I miss you all .. terribly..
    I am exhausted most of the time... and sleeping badly too... but I will survive..
    Thnx also to Mary-bean, I got your phone-message, and JonUK for the email

    Hugs
    xxx

    By Blogger Sheila, at 25/09/2005, 22:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home



info on stats
 
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter