Moving on

Monday, October 31, 2005

Mac Expo

I left Wales sometime around 4pm on the Friday and drove down to London. I should have checked on the Underground as they have been doing engineering works on the Piccadilly Line so parking at Oakwood was not such a good idea, this time.
I got to my hotel at about 11pm, its in Paddington and it resembles Fawlty towers.
Next morning, I set off early and wandered the streets for a while, even walking passed the hospital where George Best is at the moment. Not that I could see him, or even the front doors of the hosp, as the place was covered with journalists and vans with satellite dishes on their roofs.
I finally got to the Pub where we had arranged to meet, only to discover that it was still shut at 11am. That didn't matter as Ceebs turned up almost at the same time and Boney too, so we did what every keen Mac user does, when faced with a Mac Expo, we found a place for coffee and waited to see if anyone else would turn up. The Tweety Pie bag failed to attract any other chatters, so we ventured into the Expo, after a few phone calls to the newly grannified-bunny and to the clog wearing Oudey, who was still on his way from Harwich.
The Expo was ok, I suppose. It was the 3rd one I have been to, and had the feeling of being all the same. The fun is wandering around with others who know a lot more than me, and trying to look as if I understand what they are talking about.
I did feel it was disappointing, maybe that was its predictability. It was aimed at the Mac business person rather than just us Mac users.
After a break for dinner at an Italian restaurant where Boney got his leg-over once, or did I miss-hear that?
We returned to the Expo and met up with Oudey, Martine and the recently grannyised Bunny.



We decided to go to the Apple store in Regent Street, after the Expo and this was actually more fun, although we still couldn't get into Yahoo. But the shop was packed, we still found a puter that we could use, so we had a play..

We went off for a drink in The Argyle Arms where we were joined by Ceebs brother and then wandered around and had a rather nice meal at a Lebanese restaurant.

3 Comments:

  • We missed you, Tues. So no excuses next time?
    And btw, since I altered a few things on this blog, I lost the link to your blog. Can you let me know it again sometime?
    Hugs!.. till we meet again....

    By Blogger Sheila, at 01/11/2005, 10:27  

  • hey.. I just found it!!

    By Blogger Sheila, at 01/11/2005, 10:28  

  • We sure had a nice time uh, always too short though.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 23/11/2005, 22:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home



info on stats
 
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter