Moving on

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Thanks 4 the comments

I would like to thank everyone for their messages of condolences and it has helped me considerably in my time of need. I feel quite humbled that I have been the proud keeper of such a well-known snail that has been seen across the world. The snail will be greatly missed, but not its smell as it gently decayed in its tank... ;)
I would like to give you a little taster of one of the superb emails I received from a global friend. I have had emails... messages in yahoo chatrooms... Instant messages too. So many that it has been staggering. But why the fuck can't you put the comments on my piggin blog????

I love getting comments...

oh well...
Here is just one gem from an anonymous snail fan.
(clears throat to read this)....

"My sincere condolences on the loss of your companion. To me it's like the passing of a beloved celebrity. You should know that this valiant snail likely held an image of greatness. Burdened so mercilessly with the added tonnage of snailhood, yet strong in heart and caring for it's fellow mollusks.

"I'll never forget that day it so delightfully entertained me on "Snail Cam" live, moving so carefree and blowing wind. Gosh those were the days. The others will have to be strong in their hour of sorrow and i have this for you.
{{{{Sheila}}}} "


I thought that was wonderful...
(sighs)

But, I am also able to move forward now. I thought maybe a picture that I took this morning of the remaining 6 snails might help. They are happily chomping their way through some rather small bits of cucumber and lettuce.
So.. the snails still have a future...

(they look better if you open the pic, just click on it!!)

I also have a slightly smaller one, which is kept in a small box for his own protection. Here he is... his first time online.


And thank you all for your kind words.
May the slime be with you!
xx

2 Comments:

  • Hmmnn... Well I do leave comments here. And I have the same puzzlement in my blog that no one leaves remarks. That worsened when I removed comment ability for the spammers....though.

    When we think creatures such as snails are... whatever? we only need to look at human behavior a good part of the time. The wee one seems to be doing well...the next generation survives!

    By Blogger Chance, at 15/01/2006, 17:41  

  • Slakjes, knap :)

    Groetjes Onessa

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 17/01/2006, 21:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home



info on stats
 
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter