Moving on

Monday, December 19, 2005

tagging/5 Weird Habits Meme

Thanks Boris!!
I hate chain letters, I hate being put on a spot, I hate being forced into doing anything, maybe even this shows up as a weird habit.
so, when I got this email, I screamed, I dug my heels in, I said something sounding like 'shan't!' and then thought about the moral blackmail I was now under.
The email....
"Sheila,
You are my candidate for "5 Weird Habits Meme" It's silly internet chain game.
To find more about this go to: http://challenge.visualessence.nl/C514241107/E20051214211418/index.html
Regards,
Boris"

So, I spent a few days thinking..
The weird habits were actually quite easy, in fact I was wondering which ones to not admit to, as 5 seems such an easy number to own up to. I can sort of clean them up and only admit to nice non-guilt feeling oddities. I actually like to be thought of as eccentric. Odd, no.. weird.. no.. not really, but eccentric seems to be fine. "think different, think Mac", I suppose fits a lot of chatters and online people I know.
The biggest problem has been finding 5 people who have blogs that are willing to have them advertised on my blog. Now, I apologise here, I conned em all. Evil bitch that I am, I asked them if I could sort of put their blog on mine, and omitted to tell them about the tagging. Oh well, its all in good fun. At the time of writing this, I only have 4 people caught, but I have an idea for number 5.

WEIRD HABITS
1. My most famous weird habit are my snails. I keep giant African land snails as pets. I can't keep a dog or a cat, as I like to be able to travel. Its not easy in UK as we have such odd and much needed anti-rabies laws so we can't visit other countries with a dog. My snails on the other hand can be made to hibernate for several days, or just fed a few handfuls of lettuce and left, without fear of cruelty.

2. I have a lot of elephants around my house. It started off as a joke with a now deceased uncle of mine, we used to swap elephant junk, but since he died I have sort of increased some of this.

3. I am drawn to blue glass, the rich cobalt blue stuff. It began with a case of TyNant bottles and has sort of grown. And I refuse to spend a fortune on this junk, so its secondhand markets and empty wine bottles for me, even sherry had to be consumed to allow me to have a few more blue glass bottles. (such a strain ;) )


4. My real life friends can't understand this one, but some of you lot might. I wake up in the mornings, often as grumpy as hell and have to have a cup of tea, but now also a chat. For someone who can't speak 2 words on an average morning, I am able to type and chat to a room full of drunks and almost seem coherent. I even now find it difficult to start the day without a chat.

5. I chew pens. Need I say more?

Now.. my victims...
First has to be Chance aka Glasgow aka frootkake. Her blog is Same old chance

Second is De_boney aka Roy, now he tells me that he has been galvanised into starting his blog again since I asked him about this.. ok.. since I conned him. De_boney. Let me know if you do get a new link/URL and I will put it up here. Thnx Roy, the new link... De_boney's new blog.. Well Done!!

Third is Girl_Friday, I like this one, its just so natural and diaryish and yet fun too. ~enfant_eternel

Fourth is KP, I am not sure he will forgive me for this, but here goes.. he also has some interesting stuff... and funny.. imac_insomniac, eh

Sorry everyone, but I am sure you now understand the moral blackmail I was in..

I am still looking for number 5... a few ideas, but nothing certain as yet, but watch this space...
Tuesday Rainstorms was my first choice, but her blog is offline right now, damn it!!

2 Comments:

  • Sheilas Blog

    Five Weird Habits Meme:

    1. I hold my bra in front of the heater in the bedroom before I put it on in the morning. I hate being cold and will do anything I can to make sure the garments closest to my body are warm before wearing them. There is nothing better feeling than a piece of clothing freshly pulled from a dryer, why not simulate it by holding it in front of a heater!

    2. I prefer to drink tepid water and absolutely refuse to drink water at restaurants if they have placed ice in it. The warmer the water, the happier I am. Also, I do not let kettles whistle. I pull the water off before it gets to high boiling point so the tea cools more rapidly.

    3. In order to do any sort of artistic work, I must make a complete mess of my living space first. For example, I must scatter all my images, paper, pens, erasers, rulers, etc on a table or floor with cardboard and more papers. I will ultimately loose my scissors 4 times and my pencil every time I put it down which is quickly followed by "Where the #@$% is it now!" to which I will slam my hand down and fling the pencil across the room or scratch my head and find its behind my ear.

    4. If given the opportunity and the money, I will blow it all on second hand clothing and trinkets that I "think" I need only to sell them months later for much less than I bought them for or I will take them back to another thrift store.

    5. Ever since I was a child I have idly caressed my arm lightly because it felt weird, somehow this transferred over to when I am sleeping and my boyfriend sometimes wakes to find me with an arm shoved into the air while the other hand rubs it. I am a very deep sleeper and I never remember any of this.

    Tagging: (picked at random on livejournal)
    bleedngonsunday
    cherryheavy
    dinobryce
    gothiccripple
    halicarnassus

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 19/12/2005, 10:38  

  • WOW congratulations Sheila, you did it and you are much more normal than me (except for these snails, elephants, chewing pen etc ha ha. I have to admit tho I hate chain games this one is different it must be that people agree to do it because it's same process as confessing our sins.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 19/12/2005, 10:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home



info on stats
 
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter