Moving on

Saturday, December 10, 2005

iBook returns

I got my iBook back yesterday and I am starting to feel a bit more 'complete' again now. Although organising my front room to house a very old but oh-so-useful iMac, a manky PC and my superb and loveable iBook is proving exceptionally difficult. But all these logistics will sort themselves out if ever I get more than a couple of hours awake in my own house.
I have taken a few photos recently, but not as many as I would like. The mountains of the Snowdonia National Park are now snow-capped, but it is not easy to stop and find a good position to take a snap during daylight while dashing from one parent to the other in hospital. The UK seems very bad at putting convenient parking spots at the side of roads overlooking the best views. Also 90% of the days have the mountains in clouds or its raining too hard to consider sticking a camera lens outside, and there is also the prevailing wind. I need a walk into the hills... but, no time for that just now, and I lack clothes warm enough for that job.

I have stopped inviting friends to stay just now. I just can't cope with having guests as I am unable to spend anytime with you. A couple of people have been saying that they will come over and how I need to get away from all this, but I am sorry, I have to assist to get mum into bed every night and to be there for meals, washing and wiping all sorts of things. Please don't give me advice, its just not needed, and it becomes nagging if it continues. I chat online to escape from this, not be nagged.

Anyway, things are looking up now. The iBook seems fine and my phone-line is working again. The net works again...
We are also hoping to get Dad into a residential care home closer to us, so that I can avoid nearly 2 hours of driving each day.

A few pix....


1 Comments:

  • Hi Sheila - so glad to hear you have your iBook back. Hope to chat soon. (hugs)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 13/12/2005, 22:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home



info on stats
 
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter