Moving on

Thursday, November 24, 2005

away for a few days

My iBook seems to be developing a problem. It is now going into kernel panic after about 10 mins of use and my disks are all in Spalding so I am going back for a variety of reasons but the demise with my iBook is one of them.
I hope to be back online sometime. It seems to just go from bad to worse here now...
This is my first time of typing this blog on a PC... but, needs must!

See you all soon
Hugs
Sheila
XX

I am now back in England and using my old iMac on OS9. I am impressed with this old machine, it has hardly been used in 2yrs, yet it has bounced back into life and is now having its first experience of the internet at a broadband speed and not its usual dial up. It even feels quite a novelty for me. Not sure how long that will last though...
oh well..
see ya
XX

It seems likely that I have a known problem with my iBook. And might even get the work done for free.
If you are interested its all here...
What Apple says

The bad news is, it will take up to 2 weeks to repair... :((
So no iChat until I get the iBook back, only Yahoo.

See ya!

I now have the old AIM stuff back and working, it seems so primitive yet allows me back into iChat, so.. see some of you that way soon ;)

3 Comments:

  • Hi Sheila
    Hope your iBook is in the serial number range for free Logic Board repair - mine had similar problems but was not covered :(

    Nice that your trusty iMac is running tho !

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 27/11/2005, 21:38  

  • The Apple dealer I went to in P'boro said the numbers were right, so I am hoping...
    Although this trusty iMac is running, it means no iChat and I don't even have ICQ on this yet. so no way to keep in touch, except email..
    so... see you in 2 weeks.. :((

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 27/11/2005, 22:35  

  • As you can read... I am now working on all this...
    Even logging into this blog is a bit hit and miss on OS9 with IE...

    By Blogger Sheila, at 28/11/2005, 08:46  

Post a Comment

<< Home



info on stats
 
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter