Moving on

Monday, June 20, 2005

I Have Fairies at the Bottom of my Garden



I couldn't cope with having 2 houses and all that gardening, if it wasn't for 2 lovely friends who have organised my garden and are steadily creating a paradise of veggies in my messed up weed ridden back garden, here at my house in Spalding, Lincolnshire. I would have been stuck without them.
Trina was a teaching assistant at the school I used to work at, with her husband, Stuart, they are responsible for all the green fingeredness. Its like having fairies at the bottom of my garden. I ply them with tea and various fluids, they create a transformation, one wave of a garden fork and out pops some spuds, a few peas, strawberries, spinach, parsnips or was it buttercups? The greenhouse was a problem to me, I wanted to get rid of it, but they have re-glassed it and created a working centre for tomatoes and cucumbers. There are courgettes, onions, and the list just goes on. They are even growing lettuces for my pampered snails, while fighting off all the garden slugs and snails. All the birds have loved it too.. yes, even my great tits.
So thanks Stuart and Trina!!
XX

1 Comments:

  • "...a working centre for tomatoes and cucumbers."
    Are there no unemployed humans over there?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 21/06/2005, 17:06  



<< Home



info on stats
 
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter