Moving on

Monday, July 04, 2005

Sunday afternoon, in the tourist season

I went for a Sunday drive, I investigated the other end of Lligwy beach and have managed to photograph the nearest equivalent to Starbucks.

I have put this one up for you, Chance. Does this give you an idea of this place? This was in a car-park, next to the beach.

It was a "busy" Sunday, at the height of the tourist season, please note the.. er.. um.. packed beach.

I heard a lot of Manchester and Liverpool accents, not much Welsh for a change.

I took the next picture for Wontolla, to show the pebbles/stones on the beach. Not many huh?

2 Comments:

  • You might notice the difference in attendance figures if you go there during the last week of July, or the first week of August, if the temperature exceeds 75°F, and the tide is fully in at about 1.00pm!

    Re: Starbucks. I've just done a postcode check on the their website...there isn't a single one within 50 miles (the furthest distance they I can check on it) of your house, Sheila. (Sorry, Chance, looks like you gotta find somewhere else to eat if you come round our way - there are MacDonalds in Bangor and Holyhead, however...)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 04/07/2005, 11:20  

  • oooof! I hate Starbucks. Not that their coffee isn't yummy - it is. But it is the principle of the thing!! Part of our vacuous society here. And I don't eat at McD....or the chains. Fish n' Chips perhaps - but only eat at McD's when I have no choice (although their prices, at least, are fair).
    And the beach! I love it with 5-6 people on it.... All in all looks like a great place to me!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 04/07/2005, 21:29  



<< Home



info on stats
 
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter