Moving on

Friday, August 05, 2005

Life continues...

A view from my back garden...


I am still in Wales and still having fun and enjoying it. Although I am finding time to cook a few meals for my mum and drink a few Guinnesses and even entertain the odd chatter who passes by. I am surprised that Anglesey seems to be more on the "chatters route" than Lincolnshire seems to be.
It has been a while since I did a blog, probably because I have been so concerned about my camera. I used to carry it everywhere with me, but since it stopped working... and then restarted again, I have had to be more careful. Not a great deal has happened that I could write down here, but photos would have explained some of that.
The beauty of Anglesey is certainly getting to me, especially with the weather being so good. To see the sea and mountains in sun, with a few white clouds hovering, is wonderful, and can knock depression right out of the window. But I hadn't got my bloody camera to show what I meant, also some scenes were just to vast to be able to take one shot.
Even on the dull, misty drizzly days, that cloud effects are still interesting.
I had a tour round Bangor which missed my camera, so I will have to repeat that just to take some pix. Bangor deserves a blog on its own.
Another blog I will do will be on the Menai Bridge, the scene of sand blasting and repainting that seems to be less than efficient.
So I am planning...
a few days ago, I went into Amlwch again and en route drove up Parys Mountain.

Don't you just love the Welsh lingo!.. "The original name of the area was Mynydd Trysglwyn which is thought to mean a hillside covered in a thick grove of rough trees covered with scaly lichen growth"

I have a lot more to explore around Parys Mountain.


I took this picture from the road near Parys Mountain, I am sorry, but I actually like the wind turbines that litter the countryside around this area of Anglesey. So much better than a coal fired power station or a nuclear power station... but wait!.. look closely, there is a nuclear power station in that picture too. Wylfa.

Operator: British Nuclear Fuels Ltd
Configuration: 2 X 495 MW Magnox
Operation: 1971
Reactor supplier: TNPG
T/G supplier: EE
Quick Facts: Wylfa was the last Magnox plant built.

Wylfa is only just in that photo, look to the left, on the horizon, and its there. In my days as a science teacher in Norfolk, I even had a video that explained Aluminium production that mentioned Wylfa, and Anglesey Aluminium (for another blog sometime).
Beautiful picture, but a few nasties lurk there too. Also I need to update myself, as Parys Mountain is now planning to return to producing some of its ores... so.. there could be a new gold rush here.

Here is a picture of a flower from my garden.

One of the new neeeiigghhbours that live a little way down the hill from my house.

0 Comments:



<< Home



info on stats
 
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter