Moving on

Sunday, July 10, 2005

moving on

I am leaving Gwynfa for a week now, and its odd, but I have actually enjoyed it. I never expected to, I was full of sarcasm.. and anti-Welshness, but in the end, its been fun. I know when I return here in about a week, it won't be with the fear and dread I had before.
A number of things changed all this, but somethings are just not publishable.
I have a more tasks to sort out in Spalding, so I am fitting in a trip there before Mum goes into hospital for her long awaited new hip on the 20th July.
When I do return to Wales, it won't be for long as I will be going to Manchester with Dad and Mum, but looking after Dad in a hostel in the hospital. Although I will take my iBook, I am not sure if I will get online for the entire week. But... we will see..
At least the mobile phone might work there.

So this is like ending another chapter... leaving Gwynfa... back to Spalding.. and after that a muddle of events...

4 Comments:

  • ah And while grapping with selling off things in the blistering heat...I met three musicians - all jazz people. They bought the CD's and jazz books I had taken, and stood in the heat and talked. One of them had left this area for the state of Maine. All, lit-up like I did talking about music. The fellow (living here for a temporary stay)...who considers Maine his home - said I would be welcome there. People and circumstances find us all. Life is change.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/07/2005, 00:29  

  • Its funny how chance (ignore the pun) meetings can change a life, those jazz people will have stamped an impression on your mind and will help you to move on too. Reinforcing what you had already thought, but also removing a few fears. It seems like its a time to move on everywhere. Or do we always move on?

    By Blogger Sheila, at 11/07/2005, 06:24  

  • The dummer, was the fellow who lives in Maine. And I met each of these people individually - not as a group...making the encounters even stranger. Over a decade ago writing about a famous percussionist here, I said that percussion instruments prick at all the primal places in each of us (percussion that is...heartbeat). Spending an evening with one who is considered the best in the world a long time ago, knowing personally another lodestar, odd that this chance meeting has somehow comforted me in my own thrashing about, over my decisions. All in all this is how I came to chose the nickname chance.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/07/2005, 14:47  

  • Interesting, Chance...

    and I made it back to Spalding...

    By Blogger Sheila, at 11/07/2005, 19:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home



info on stats
 
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter