Moving on

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

I Do Like Mondays (if they were all as sunny as this)


If this area was always sunny and warm, it really would be paradise, I seem to have got here just for the few days of sun that they get some rare years. I know what the wind feels like, how the rain starts in September and stops briefly in about May. Only to resume 2 days later for the whole summer. The rain falls either heavily or very heavily, and decides for itself if it will follow gravity or just go sideways.
If this present weather isn't evidence for global warming, I am not sure what is, but I have hit an exceptional weather front just now. As a result of this, I am drawn to the beaches with my camera in hand. Let me know if you have seen enough of the glorious sands, the deserted beaches and the hazy distant mountains.
After seeing my parents and going to the hospital with my dad, I rushed home and grabbed my camera and took a few shots of a beach nearby. This one is Traeth Bychan, I drove there, and parked easily and walked across the sands.

I was a little curious as to how the Welsh would say this word, especially as it could be a very useful word to know.

I drove a little further to the brow of a hill, overlooking Benllech bay...


zoomed coastal scene
Originally uploaded by Sheila.again.
The view towards Benllech Bay and more..

3 Comments:

  • 'Cyfleusterau'
    As far as I know, it would be something like: Ku*-vlay-ster-eye.
    Although it would probably be easier to use the blue sign underneath...the arrow seems to be pointing roughly in the right direction too!
    [* 'u' as in 'cup', not as in 'use'...what a language this English is!]

    (Note for overseas readers: the 'P' sign actually means 'Car Park')

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 05/07/2005, 11:07  

  • hmn well do you supposed if I grabbed my crotch and had a pained expression, the locals would "get the idea"....and point me in the right direction? I must remember this sign.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 06/07/2005, 05:41  

  • Sheila - do u have any plans to be at Bluewater for the opening of Apple's latest UK store this Saturday? Drop me an email if so.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 07/07/2005, 17:16  



<< Home



info on stats
 
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter